Re: print .tex or .dvi or .ps from Windows

Never tell a business partner to change.

On 10/13/2015 02:45 PM, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
El 13/10/15 a las 14:38, Brian escribió:
On Tue 13 Oct 2015 at 14:04:44 -0500, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:

On Tue, October 13, 2015 1:37 pm, Brian wrote:
There may be an ISO standard for a PDF but not all PDF's conform to the
standard. Don't forget: standards are good; everyone can have one. :)

You make a good point, which I overlooked. My concern was that PDF might
have been "enhanced" over the years, similar to the enhancement of
Postscript by the introduction of Postscript levels 2 and 3.

That wasn't quite my point, but it doesn't matter.

I receive .doc and .docx documents. The senders assume I can read them.
What do I do? Complain to them or just deal with it. Fortunately, Debian
makes it relatively easy to take the latter course of action. Why foul
up a relationship?

It's a good opportunity to educate those senders about the importance of free formats. If we want people to adopt free software more, we should work for it, making people aware of the problems of proprietary software and its formats, and advice them to switch to free software.