Re: apt-get update hanging on security and backports.

	Hi.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 21:19:32 -0400
Ed Jabbour <ejbr@att.net> wrote:

> Running Wheezy.  Recently, update has been hanging on
> http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main and
> http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main.  The other repos
> at uchicago.edu  breeze through, but the two above just sit there
> waiting -- waiting -- waiting  until they finally connect.  I tried
> the redirector - http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports
> main - same hang.  Also, trying to get to the Debian irc at Freenode
> just sits there for a few minutes before connecting.  I can ping these
> sites without a hitch and traceroute shows nothing amiss.  I edited
> resolv.conf to a new DNS server, but nada.  Any  advice, pointers,
> work-arounds, etc. appreciated.

Have you tested the possibility of MTU blackhole somewhere between you
and security.debian.org?

I.e. given conventional Ethernet, and normal circumstances, this should
work:

ping -s 1472 -M dont -c 4 security.debian.org

But if something just discards IP packets with MTU 1500 along the way,
such ping would fail.

Reco