Re: Please tipps for Desktop ( gnome, kde, xfce, etc. ) Debian 8 jessie and some minor issues

On Saturday 10 October 2015 21:34:18 Peter Berlau wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> sorry for direct mail, I clicked on the wrong button ( should go to the
> list ) ...
>
> Most intel-parts are in the:
> http://www.amazon.de/Acer-E5-772-56BN-Notebook-i5-5200U-Graphics/dp/B010USV
>Y1A/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1444501526&sr=1-1&keywords=intel+note
>book#productDetails
>
> chip, grafik, ram = intel
>
> but HD is SSHD...

I tried to get that in English so that I could read it more easily, and was
going to put it on the list for the benefit of other Anglo-phones, but that
model doesn't seem to be available on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.

That is, of course, Acer not Asus.  I agree with Sven about Intel, and he is
much more knowledgeable than I anyway.

FWIW I have an Acer Aspire One with which I have on the whole been very
pleased.  The battery has been very poor, but once I gave in and used it
plugged in, it has been great.  Not very usable on journeys, though.  I may
just have been unlucky, or Acer may not be very good when it comes to
batteries.  They kept dying on me.

Lisi