Re: Advertising and commercial services in free software

On 10/05/2015 09:51 PM, Peter Ludikovsky wrote:

Also, would you complain about RedHat for their business model?

Peter,
That's a can-of-worms you just opened..

I don't complain, but, I do feel RedHat is not the heart of Linux, as you say RedHat is a bu$ine$$ model, while Debian is free and more the heart of linux and with Debian you can create a bu$ine$$ model, again for free.

After all, they too require you to buy a subscription to their open source
repositories. Or is it alright if a company wants compensation for
their work of curating, testing, and integrating of software?

Peter I don't feel RH is under attack here in this Debian User List.

What I do feel is that Debian has many people around the world with good hearts creating and testing software with a high moral value.
--
Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2  - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263