Re: Advertising and commercial services in free software

On 10/05/2015 05:50 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 05 October 2015 19:58:19 Timothy Hobbs wrote:
>> Lately, I feel that this trust has been violated. Most notably, by the
>> addition of advertisements to iceweasel's new tab page.
>> http://timothy.hobbs.cz/iceweasel-ads.png See the "Booking.com"
>> sponsored link.
>
> I don't see that.  Do other people?

Yes, I believe it's the default for new install and those of us who do not save our settings. I must say it is a nice feature much like a quick launcher.

> I see only suggestions of sites I have visited - and I can even turn
> them off.
> I leave them on because I find them quite useful.

Yes, it can be controlled. Nice!
--
Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2  - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263