Re: Broadcom 43121 wlan issue

here's the sources.list file

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Himanshu Shekhar <irm2015006@iiita.ac.in> wrote:
Yup! got it. I attached my sources.list file in the very first message of the thread. I would like to have suggestions on the same.
Also, I have installed few packages from tarballs, as my realtek r8101 ethernet driver, skype.
That's all!

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday 04 October 2015 11:39:55 Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> thanks dude ! i upgraded my driver. But can you tell why some packages
> break after updating to newer version and still debian stable version is
> named so.
> infact after updating java.. libreoffice4 failed and i had to install
> libreoffice5 from jessie backports.
> Is this normal or and issue?
> Thanks for the help!

There is not enough detail here, but it is probably something to do with the
fact that you have jessie backports in your sources list.  If you stick to
Jessie, and only Jessie, things won't break after updating to a newer
version.  In fact, things normally won't update to a newer version.
Basically, Stabel only gets security updates.

I personally have never had a problem with backports, but you don't say how
you are using backpprts or how you have got them pinned.  And have you any
packages installed from tarballs, or otherwise not in Debian's repos?

You might want to sort out your security repos.

Lisi

--
Himanshu Shekhar
IIIT-Allahabad