Re: Sound card question

On 03/10/15 01:27, Danny wrote:
> In order to hear comms coming in or out of the transciever (via an antenna) one
> has to connect to the transciever with ANOTHER transciever in order to hear
> people talk (if you are tuned to the same frequency off course)
>
> Now ... my second transciever is fitted inside my car ... in order for me to
> hear all comms on the frequency I need to go to my car and turn that transciever
> on every now and then which becomes a pain in the donkey ... ;) ...

Another option, get a small handheld transceiver that you can tune to
the appropriate frequency.

This also lets you adjust volume levels so that you don't overdrive the
input on the transceiver.  Nothing worse than a contact with a garbled
station because the microphone input is being overdriven.  (We have this
from time to time on VK4RBN.)
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...