Re: Mouse blanker?

On Saturday 03 October 2015 17:43:49 Mike Castle wrote:

> Installed by default, meh.
>
> But I'm pretty sure it is enabled by default.
>
> cat /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90unclutter
> # /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90unclutter
> # This file is sourced by Xsession(5), not executed.
>
> if [ -e /etc/default/unclutter ]
> then
>         . /etc/default/unclutter
> fi
>
> if [ -x /usr/bin/unclutter ] && [ "${START_UNCLUTTER}" = "true" ]
> then
>         /usr/bin/unclutter ${EXTRA_OPTS} &
> fi

Unfortunately, in my testing it did not work, and didn't work until I had
specified the -reset option.  Without that, it only works once.

So I have edited my /etc/default/unclutter so the options line now reads
what made it work here:

EXTRA_OPTS="-idle .1 -reset"

And I'll see if it works by default after the next reboot.  Uptime is now
9 days and I usually have to reboot at some point after 20+ days.

Thanks Mike.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)