Re: How to disable automatic mounting of CDROM?

>>> Jessie ... automatically mounts the cdrom drive
>>> every time the drawer is closed is a nuisance requiring to manually
>>> run umount before I can proceed.

I have a similar experience when plugging in an external USB drive.  I
wish to mount each of several drives at a particular mount point which is
unique to the drive, and not at the next available generic mount point
"/dev/usb..."  And the fact that I have connected a USB drive does not
mean that I wish to mount it.

RLH