Re: An issue with the Debian installer

On 09/25/2015 04:58 AM, Zack wrote:
Hi, guys, how's it going? I got one question:

I installed the system using the CD 1. Everything was fine (the installation process). But, when the system runs, it shows the command line mode only, not the graphical environment, I mean, not GNOME. What should I do to resolve this issue? As I said above, all the installation process was ok. Thanks.

Log in, and try the command "startx". Anything?

If that works, you probably either need a login manager (like kdm, xdm, gdm3, sddm) and/or have a problem with your existing login manager.

If "startx" does not work, either X wasn't installed, or has a problem.

Let's see what your result is to "startx" before we go any farther.

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com