mate and ibus

Anyone using ibus on mate desktop?  I've just moved to jessie and prefer the mate desktop to gnome.  However ibus won't change to another input method (unikey for Vietnamese in my case).  mate opens up ibus-unikey ready for Vietnamese input and will not recognise the key sequence to change to English (<super> blank in the default case, but nothing else works when any other combination is chosen).  ibus-unikey works correctly for gnome.  Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers, Rob Hurle

Rob Hurle
e-mail:    rob1940@gmail.com
Mobile:   0417 293 603 (Australia)
              0948 243 538 (Vietnam)
Telephone:  (02) 6236 3895
28 Mirrormere Rd, Burra, NSW 2620, Australia