nfs stale file handle?

Greetings all, nfs experts in particular;

In attempting to achieve a setup where any of my machines can access
all the others with rw privileges, I have been trying to setup an
/etc/exports file on each machine that names the other 3 main, always
up and running, machines here.

Before someone yells about security, this is all a hardwired local
192.168.xx.xx network behind a router running dd.wrt.

Local dns lookups are /etc/hosts file based.

On this machine, and because I need access from the other machines only
to my /home/gene subdir, exports looks like this: (wordwrap off)
/home/gene GO704(rw,sync,fsid=0,no_subtree_check) lathe(rw,sync,fsid=0,no_subtree_check) shop(rw,sync,fsid=0,no_subtree_check)

But, because I may need to edit/adjust something outside of my home tree
on the other machnes, those /etc/exports look like this, example from a
machine called "shop":

/ coyote(rw,sync,fsid=0,nohide,no_subtree_check) lathe(rw,sync,fsid=0,nohide,no_subtree_check) GO704(rw,sync,fsid=0,nohide,no_subtree_check

/etc/init.d list of stuff retarted on both this machine and shop machine
autofs
nfs-common
nfs-kernel-server
rpcbind

And I have permanent mounts of that "shop" machine in my /etc/fstab here
this machine "coyote", and I have issued:

sudo mount -o remount /net/shop

However, I cannot access the /net/shop/home directory from here,
getting this response to an ls command:
gene@coyote:/etc$ ls /net/shop/home
ls: cannot access /net/shop/home: Stale NFS file handle
But an ls of /net/shop looks normal, and other directories on "shop" can
be listed normally.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett