Re: Coder friendly font

On 2015-09-21, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 21 September 2015 18:16:59 Curt wrote:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frutiger_%28typeface%29
>>
>> "Frutiger (pronounced with a hard g) is a series of typefaces named after
>> its Swiss designer, Adrian Frutiger. Frutiger is a humanist sans-serif
>> typeface, intended to be clear and highly legible at a distance or at
>> small text sizes. A very popular design worldwide, font designer Steve
>> Matteson described its structure as "the best choice for legibility in
>> pretty much any situation" at small text sizes, while Erik Spiekermann
>> named it as "the best general typeface ever"."
>
> Sadly, it appears not to be available for Debian, or rather, in the Debian
> Wheezy repositories.

It's copyrighted.  You'd have to buy it (from Adobe, e.g.), I suppose,
if you wish to use it.

Still, one of the best, if not the best, font in the world for
legibility, used everywhere from the Charles de Gaulle airport in France
to the German Karlsruhe Institute of Technology to Amtrak, is a
sans-serif font, contrary to what that other guy (who I think owns
Volkswagen stock) implied.

> I use large point Bitstream Vera Sans.  Of all the ones I have tried, I have
> found it the easiest and the least tiring, but I cannot justify this over
> other similar fonts.  I just subjectively find it so.

Whatever works for you is fine.