Re: Can't Log in

On 21/09/15 22:49, ray wrote:
Sven

Thank you very much.  I have installed LXDE and I don't know how to open a console.  Please suggest how I might learn to do that.

I had a similar problem with a version of ubuntu after making a lot of changes. To fix the problem I created a new user and that worked. I then renamed my original home directory and deleted myself as a user and added myself as a user to get a new clean home directory. I then moved most of my original home directory back (after chown -R of course). This was the easiest work-around I could think of at the time.
Heracles