Re: Problem VNC (Vino) access from windows or other clients

Thanks for help :)

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Seeker <seeker5528@comcast.net> wrote:

On 9/18/2015 10:59 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

can you please also advice any client for windows. right now the only platform i have is Windows to access the machine. and Remmina does not work for Windows.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks,
Yousuf

RealVNC or UltraVNC if you want security that is built in.

TightVNC is another option, but doesn't have the level of security built in that you would want
if you are connecting over the internet.

If you can't get the Windows clients to play well with the security in the Linux servers, then you
could use SSH to create a secure connection, then go over the SSH connection to connect the client
to the server. If you google 'ssh tunnel' there are lots of 'HOW TO' links.

If you don't have any objections to using stuff that requires a Google account, you could try using
Chrome Remote Desktop.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp

 I tried it when it was first released only long enough to see it work between my phone as the client
and a computer running Windows with Google Chrome as the server. At that time it wasn't working
for me on my Linux desktop using Chromium, so could still be an issue using it with Chromium. It
allows you to set up a permanent connection for yourself, may be an issue if you want to allow other
people to connect without you having to be there to generate a code.

Later, Seeker