Re: Problem VNC (Vino) access from windows or other clients

Thanks for help. when i am running the command that you have mentioned it is giving me an error please the result below.

root@nas:/home/ykhan# gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false

(process:1744): dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY.

can you please also advice any client for windows. right now the only platform i have is Windows to access the machine. and Remmina does not work for Windows.

Any suggestion please?

Thanks,
Yousuf

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
        Hi.

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:44:38 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using  Debian  8.2. i enable screen sharing but when i try to connect
> client side shows me this message
>
> unable to connect VNC server using your chosen security setting. Either
> upgrade the VNC server to more recent version from realVNC or select weaker
> level of encryption.

This message is half-true. You don't need to upgrade VNC server, you
need to upgrade to VNC client that supports TLS-over-VNC. Or to disable
VNC encryption altogether.

The problem is - about the only client that seems to support that
cryptic 'VNC security type 18' seems to be Remmina.

So - you need to connect from the Windows client - you need to have an
insecure configuration on server side. Presumably - it's done like this:

gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false

Reco