Re: Problem VNC (Vino) access from windows or other clients

 Hi.

Please do not top-post.
Please do not CC me. I'm subscribed to the list.

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:59:49 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for help. when i am running the command that you have mentioned it
> is giving me an error please the result below.
>
> root@nas:/home/ykhan# gsettings set org.gnome.Vino require-encryption false
>
> (process:1744): dconf-WARNING **: failed to commit changes to dconf: Cannot
> autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY.

And the message says what's wrong by itself.
You're supposed to run 'gsettings' by *user*, not *root*.
And you're supposed to run 'gsettings' from the X session.

> can you please also advice any client for windows. right now the only
> platform i have is Windows to access the machine. and Remmina does not work
> for Windows.
>
> Any suggestion please?

Sorry, I cannot help you there. I stopped using Windows 10 years ago
and I can only suggest you to do the same.

Reco