Re: is a2ps broken?

> On Thu, September 3, 2015 10:28 am, David Wright wrote:
>
> Personally, a2ps has been broken for years because it doesn't handle
> unicode.

I found in the Debian archive the package "enscript", which appears to
provide (at least for my needs) the functionality of "a2ps"; and enscript
handles unicode.

Whereas a2ps worked well "right out of the box", It took me several hours
of experimentation with enscript to create a format to my liking,
particularly with respect to the margins; things do not seem (to me) to
work according to the documentation.

But the end result is a satisfactory replacement for a2ps.

RLH