is a2ps broken?

With Lenny and a HP4100 PostScript printer, a two-pages-per-sheet spread
printed by a2ps is cut off on both the left and the right.

A search with google reveals that a problem of this sort arose ten or
twelve years ago, but I see no current reports.

Papersize is configured for "letter" 8.5 x 11 inches.

With previous distributions, a2ps has worked properly right out of the
box.  I have been running Jessie since it became available as "beta", but
I did not notice the problem until recently, so perhaps an upgrade of a2ps
is at fault?

RLH