Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On 9/13/2015 1:01 PM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
The packages in Debian are good tested with eachother. I don't think the
packages in deb-multimedia are tested that good. And Debian can change
things what gives problems with deb-multimedia.
I run unstable so expect issues are going to happen anyway.
Don't know what the policy is for packages that are targeted at stable or testing.

Normally I don't have big issues, when there are issues they are normally short lived. For some of the packages there may be options enabled that are not in Debian due to
patent/license issues.

Just looking at it from the standpoint of unstable, there does seem to be a more aggressive stance taken in regard to getting newer versions of some things into deb-multimedia and in some cases enabling features that may be a little less developed so from that standpoint I would expect some additional problems related to those
things.

With all the transitions at the moment there are extra issues, I did use the package menu in Synaptic to force libgegl and libx264 to the Debian versions so some other
packages could upgrade. Not completely certain it was necessary for libx264.
I've used deb-multimedia in the past, but I don't do it anymore. The
only package what I miss sometimes is libdvdcss2. But maybe there is
interesting software there what I don't know.
If you just want libdvdcss, the videolan developers provide a repository for that....

https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdcss.html

And yes, maybe flashplayer-mozilla is a little bit better then
flashplugin-nonfree. But I found a good workarround for updating. And
most of my customers don't use a flashplugin anymore. Only people who
want to look TV on the computer, or who want to play flash-games have
problems. For listening radio are good alternatives available.
Video-sites are working most of the time good with HTML5.
Flash seems to have problems on every platform, I use the installer in Debian, it
works for the stuff I care about, YMMV.

Later, Seeker