After upgrade, Debian Jessie boots into read-only root file system

Hi,

This morning my workstation booted into a read-only root file system. I assumed that it was the old SSD drive that was closing to end of life, - but when I booted my laptop, that also booted into read-only.

The system came up after I re-mounted root to read-write, and re-started kdm.

Both machines runs Debian Jessie (8.2), and both machines were upgraded yesterday. They also have encrypted root file systems (default cryp+lvm from the Jessie installer) on aging SSD disks. Both machines also mounts other data disk(s) during boot. The data-disk(s) were read/write after boot.

I found nothing interesting in dmesg (at least not when searching for read only, mount, warn or error).

Jarle