Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:28 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Saturday 12 September 2015 14:38 Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> > yayyyy!
> > I got a working solution! :) Install Google Chrome.
> > Chromium doesn't support flash and many other stuff, while Google
> > Chrome is not available directly in debian repository.
> > Download Google Chrome from
> > https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/ and then run the
> > following commads
>
> Yes, it is great solution to the general problem.  (If you are not a
> purist.) Unfortunately it didn't solve my specific one.

Note that you could install pepperflashplugin-nonfree from the Debian
repositories. From the description:

"This package will download Chrome from Google, and unpack it to make
the included Pepper Flash Player available for use with Chromium."

I, too, have found that it is a great solution to the general problem,
but unfortunately it doesn't solve this specific one either.

But mind you, I tried it with Chrome in Windows7 with VirtualBox, but,
interestingly, I encountered exactly the same problem.
I'm beginning to wonder whether there could be something faulty at
Channel4's side.