Re: adobe flash player in Iceweasel does not work anymore in Jessie

On Friday 11 September 2015 01:38:55 Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 23:22:51 +0100
>
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Thursday 10 September 2015 22:57:36 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >
> >I have:
> >>lib flashplayer.so,/home/lisi/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so Version:
> >> 11.2.202.350
> >
> >My husband has:
> >> Version: 11.2.202.508
> >
> >So they are different versions.  "All" I have to find out is how to get my
> >husband the same version....
> >
> >I'll look at that in the morning.
> >
> >But I feel that we are - I am - progressing!
> >
> >Lisi
>
> Why not just copy the file from his to yours. But first delete all
> those other ones, on your system. I put all my plugins in
> ~/.mozilla/plugins , and tell firefox where to find them in
> the ~/.bashrc file as
> MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH="/home/charlie/.mozilla/plugins"

I deleted the libflashplayer.so already on my husband's computer, and copied
the ones on my computer across, including creating directories where
necessary.  about:plugins in Iceweasel now displays exactly the same on the
two computers.  We have exactly the same version of Iceweasel:
40.0.3-3~bpo70+1.

Channel 4 catchup programmes, which play on mine, will still not play on his.
It still says that an ad blocker is turned on, and I must turn it off. :-(

Something must be different, and I have just got to find out what.  If/when I
crack it, I shall obviously share it.

Lisi