Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On Wed 09 Sep 2015 at 16:02:57 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 September 2015 14:56:54 Brian wrote:
> > I've just did a completely new installation of flashplugin-nonfree on a
> > machine which had never seen it. Your eternally turning white circle is
> > what I get. My feeling is that this has something to do with protected
> > video on 4od.
>
> Bingo!  Of course.  That is exactly it.  But since it sometimes works, I am
> persevering in trying to get it working.  Channel 4 say that it sometimes
> works on Linux!!  If I can find out *why* it sometimes works and sometimes
> doesn't, I could be home and dry.

I am convinced the HAL packages are required for flash with 4od, if only
because the only machine I do not have them on doesn't play programmes.

> The second two are what almost everyone else I know gets.  Jimmy's suggestion
> and its working on my desktop was a revelation.

I cannot see what flashplayer-mozilla brings to the party that is not
contained in flashplugin-nonfree. Both have libflashplayer, which is
the essential library needed, and both are up-to-date. After that, it
is window dressing.