Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:28:57 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday 09 September 2015 14:12:57 Brian wrote:

>> > Channel 4oD and channel 5 refuse to play.
>>
>> You have signed in successfully. Please describe what happens and what
>> you see on the screen when you try to watch a programme.
>
>All three boxen are  different.
>One just plays.  With flashplayer-mozilla.
>One I see an eternally turning white circle.
>One starts to play and then stops and refuses to go any further until I turn
>adblock off.  I have no adblock.  I have even installed adblock so that I
>could turn it off.  When that didn't work I uninstalled it again.
>
>On the Jessie machine, I installed Pipelight.  I was wading through seeing
>whether I could do anything about the dependencies that are suggested as
>potential problems, when flashplayer-mozilla was suggested, so I tried it.
>>
>> > I'm so glad that you don't have problems.  That doesn't help me, and
>> > others I know, watch the programs I want to watch on my TV.
>>
>> No problem with 4od here on two machines.
>
>So that's three I know work.  One of mine and two of yours.  And I do in fact
>know of one or two others.  If you are saying that you have solved the
>problem, consistently, and you are very good at solving problems, in view of
>the number of people who struggle with this, it would be charitable to post
>your solution somewhere on line.
>
>Lisi

One of the things I noticed was that the flashplayer was present in
Wheezy and Stretch when Jessie became stable. For whatever reason,
Jessie Stable is missing the file. Pinning the player from Stretch
works, though.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914