Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Op 09-09-15 om 07:43 schreef Lisi Reisz:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2015 22:55:21 Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Not sure what this is for a package, but in Debian you have
>> "flashplugin-nonfree" in contrib what downloads and installs the
>> flashplugin for Mozilla.
>>
>> For Chromium there is "pepperflashplugin-nonfree".
>
> Neither of these works with British 4oD or Channel 5.

I cannot recieve that here I expect, and I have no URL. So I cannot test
it, but I think you are wrong.

flashplugin-nonfree and pepperflashplugin-nonfree are installing the
original plugins from Adobe and Google.

>> deb-multimedia in your sources.list can give conflicts, better do not
>> use it.
>
> Great advice if you are using your computer as an ornament or for something
> for which you don't need deb-multimedia.

For what do you need it?  Everything is in Debian itself.

The only thing I know, is that it's useable for libdvdcss2.
But you can play most DVD's without libdvdcss2.

> Less good if you have a purpose for
> your computer and that purpose can only be fulfilled with deb-multimedia.

What kind of special things are you doing with your computer?

I am a sysadmin and I help many people with Debian computers.
Nobody needs deb-multimedia.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/