Re: get software list of one software repository

On 09/06/2015 08:13 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> [...]
> > As you advised , I checked most of the options of apt-cache , but I
> > can't find any option to answer me.
> >>

> >> As an example of David's suggestion, mine based on my repository
> >> *_CHOICE_* is located at:
> >>

> /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages
> >>
> >> The word "Packages" was my hint that that should be what would be
> found inside.
> >>
> > This file may be my answer!
> > cat
> >
> /var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages
> > | grep "Package" | awk -F ": " '{print $2}'
> > I can use this shell command to get software list of google chrome
> > software repository.
> > I think apt-cache can add this request as an option, or it exists , but
> > I don't know how to use.
>
> > Thank you!
>
> If I understand you correctly, what you are looking for is "dpkg -l" which
> lists all packages matching a pattern and gives you info about their
> state.
>
> For example, when I type
>
>  dpkg -l '*xml*'
>
> I get
>
>   Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
>   |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
>   ||/ Name                                   Version
> Architecture             Description
>
> +++-======================================-========================-========================-==================================================================================
>   un  libkxml2-java
> <none>                                            (no description
> available)
>   un  liblouisxml-dev
> <none>                                            (no description
> available)
>   un  librexml-ruby1.8
> <none>                                            (no description
> available)
>   ii  librpc-xml-perl                        0.76-3
> all                      Perl implementation of the XML-RPC protocol
>   ii  libxml-commons-external-java           1.4.01-2
> all                      XML Commons external code - DOM, SAX, and
> JAXP, etc
>   ii  libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java        1.2-7
> all                      XML entity and URI resolver library
>   un  libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java-doc
> <none>                                            (no description
> available)
>   ii  libxml-dom-perl                        1.44-1
> all                      Perl module for building DOM Level 1
> compliant doc structures
>
> (many more).
>
> The two characters at the start of the line say which status the
> package is in (first letter whether it's scheduled for installation
> and so on, the second letter whether it's actually installed).

I'm sorry. This is not my request.

The detailed description is here
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2015/09/msg00175.html).
cat
/var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages
| grep "Package" | awk -F ": " '{print $2}'
You can try it with changing the corresponding list name.

I will ask for apt team and try to understand whether there is an option
for my problem.
Thank you.
     - mudongliang