Re: get software list of one software repository

On 09/04/2015 11:47 PM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> On 9/3/15, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>> If you mean "what packages does someone have access to", then you need
>> to look at the contents of their /var/lib/apt/lists/ which is
>> maintained by apt-get update. You might also want to look at apt-cache.
As you advised , I checked most of the options of apt-cache , but I
can't find any option to answer me.

> As an example of David's suggestion, mine based on my repository
> *_CHOICE_* is located at:
>
> /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages
>
> The word "Packages" was my hint that that should be what would be found inside.

This file may be my answer!
cat
/var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages
| grep "Package" | awk -F ": " '{print $2}'
I can use this shell command to get software list of google chrome
software repository.
I think apt-cache can add this request as an option, or it exists , but
I don't know how to use.

Thank you!
    - mudongliang