Re: Another system management tool to disappear.

On 8/31/2015 12:45 PM, Erwan David wrote:
Le 31/08/2015 20:53, Charlie Kravetz a écrit :
To exit the shell created with "machinectl shell", you are instructed
"Press ^] three times within 1s to exit session." That is very
unfriendly for disabled. Not all can hit any key in 1 second. To
specify two keys is even harder. There has never been mention of any
other method to exit this new shell command.

It is also very US centric, because on non US keybaord that combination
can be difficult to press (eg on french keyboard).

I looked up the French keyboard layout.

Granted I never had a reason to seek it out, but I have not seen anyone complain about
'Ctrl'+'Alt'+'Del' being difficult to press.

Compared to that 'Ctrl'+'Alt'+')' to get ^] does not seem any more difficult.

Unless you have set keyboard settings somewhere to have an excessively slow repeat, as opposed to a longer delay before the repeat kicks in, theoretically it should not be
that hard to get 3 ^]s in 1 second.

Or am I interpreting something incorrectly?

It's been indicated elsewhere that the normal methods of exiting a shell session will work
for this too and ^] is more of an emergency exit.

Later, Seeker