Re: Starting, installing Redmine

On 08/19/2015 12:52 PM, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:

1. aptitude install redmine redmine-sqlite
Did this except redmine is automatically installed with redmine-sqlite

2. Configure database for redmine/instances/default with dbconfig-common?  Yes
Did this. Nobrainer

3. Database type - for the sake of simplicity - sqlite3
Am using sqlite3

4. cd  /usr/share/doc/redmine and read the files there
Read this. Came away confused. Not being Ruby programmer, the term rake through me.
After much stumbling around, if finally sunk in that the first part of the file really didn't apply
to me. Single user, single project.

5. less README.Debian:
    key points:
    - This redmine package is designed to automatically configure database
      BUT NOT the web server.
Got that part.
    - By default, redmine admin account log/pass is admin/admin

    - MANUAL WEB SERVER CONFIGURATION
      examples are available in /usr/share/doc/redmine/examples.

6. ls -l examples, see what is in apache2-passenger-alias.conf and apache2-passenger-host.conf
And this is where thing start to go south. My system has none of the apache2 files show in the redmine/examples.

7. aptitude install libapache2-mod-passenger
Done this.

8. cp /usr/share/doc/redmine/examples/apache2-passenger-alias.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/
AND WHERE DOES IT SAY TO DO THIS. Fixed

9. a2ensite apache2-passenger-alias

10. edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/apache2-passenger-alias.conf, set servername to localhost

11. /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

12. open browser and navigate to localhost/redmine - login as admin/admin.
Still doesn't work. I still get a server 404 error page. ie :
    The requested URL /redmine was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 80

Took less than 15 minutes.
So in my humble opinion the package is in perfect shape.

Regards,
Alex

I followed your procedure exactly. No joy. The lack of an ..alias.conf was a mistake but has been corrected.
Any other suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.