Re: Iceweasel HTML5 video problems

On 08/17/2015 03:18 PM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
Op 17-08-15 om 16:17 schreef Stephan Seitz:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 03:27:52PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
On the machine with Debian 8 the problem is still there, even after
removing ~/.mozilla. After looking twice, the problem there is not only
in Youtube but on all HTML5-video sites. Not sure about this.

On another machine with Debian8 I don't have the problem.

Then you should compare the installed gstreamer packages.

I did compare them and removed a package from the machine what does not
work. But it did not help.

I think the necessary package is gstreamer1.0-libav.

That's installed. Removing and reinstalling did not change the problem.

But it does work again. In the sound-settings I changed the volume of
the application, first to maximum, later to 70% how it was before (in
the tab "applications"). This did not change anything. After that I wend
to the "output" tab and then it worked, not sure why.

Maybe this can help somebody els
Recently my 7.1 sound went to heck. I finally opened alsamixer to find most of my channels muted. No idea why. Works peachy again. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html