Re: Iceweasel HTML5 video problems

Op 17-08-15 om 16:17 schreef Stephan Seitz:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 03:27:52PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> On the machine with Debian 8 the problem is still there, even after
>> removing ~/.mozilla. After looking twice, the problem there is not only
>> in Youtube but on all HTML5-video sites. Not sure about this.
>>
>> On another machine with Debian8 I don't have the problem.
>
> Then you should compare the installed gstreamer packages.

I did compare them and removed a package from the machine what does not
work. But it did not help.

> I think the necessary package is gstreamer1.0-libav.

That's installed. Removing and reinstalling did not change the problem.

But it does work again. In the sound-settings I changed the volume of
the application, first to maximum, later to 70% how it was before (in
the tab "applications"). This did not change anything. After that I wend
to the "output" tab and then it worked, not sure why.

Maybe this can help somebody else.

Realize there was no general audio problem, Chromium did work fine
playing video.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/