SOLVED Re: Problems with a 32 bit program

On Monday 17 August 2015 18:39:17 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 17 August 2015 17:52:39 claude juif wrote:
> > Hi Lisi,

> > > I am trying to install a 32 bit program on a (different) 64 bit Wheezy
> > > box with TDE r14.0.1.
> > >
> > > /var/lib/dpkg/arch shows both amd64 and i386.
> > >
> > > I am stuck on a whole load of unistallable virtual programs again.  At
> > > least
> > > last time I got it down to one. :-(
> > >
> > > I have installed multiarch, multi-arch support, binutils-multiarch and
> > > tried
> > > to install multiarch-binutils.  It won't, presumably because it is a
> > > virtual
> > > package.
> > >
> > > Here is what I have done:
> > > https://www.dropbox.com/l/dgVlL5XOSnXpm43WCU3jtk?text=1
> >
> > Shouldn't you run
> > `aptitude update`
> > after
> > `dpkg --add-architecture` ?
>
> Thanks, Claude. I didn't think so, but I have just run it anyway, and sadly
> it made no difference. :-(

The short answer is install wine, then fulfil dependencies as requested.

I htough that it woudl install wine for itself as a dependency.  I'm pretty
sure it did last time I installed it.

So, you need to install and enable multiarch, then install wine.  Pheww.

Lisi