should I get rid of pulse audio ?

first there was the obsure changes to the pulse audio config that so that my USB speakers would be made default.

then there was the fact that it automatically idled my USB speakers, so i had to disable that "feature".

now on resuming from suspend it decides to switch to different speakers and not restore THE DEFAULT sink (it's a laptop, so instead fo restoring the default sink, it restores to the laptop speakers).

so rather than go into the mess that is pulse audio and figure it out, i'd really rather get rid of it.

However it's been my experience that i'll simply exchange one set of problems for another.

so soliciting opinions on whether or not getting rid of pulse audio is a good idea.

Thanks,

Brian