Re: Security in our local network

On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 10:09 +0200, B. M. wrote:
> The router has to be used to access the cable network. And it get's
> updates, but I don't have any control about it (e.g. I don't even
> know about updates or security holes; there's no information at all).
> So what I should do is buying another router, put it behind the first
> one and use only that second one to build my home network?

I guess it depends on how much you trust your ISP? E.g. do they provide
updates on time, how do they access the router, do they use the same
password or key for all customers...

For some users having someone else take care of updates might be nice,
so you might be better of than many others.

Do you have no control at all over the router? What happens if you need
to open a port?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson