Re: help trouble shooting

Here's the information on the cpu couldn't find # for wireless device

On Aug 13, 2015 1:55 PM, "doug" <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

On 08/13/2015 02:25 PM, Joe wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:17:43 -0500
John Olson <is1eep262@gmail.com> wrote:

Good afternoon, My name is John and I have ran into an issues when
installing DEBIAN 8.1.0 (Jessie).  I have tried downloading and
installing the firmware pkgs that it shows were not installed during
initial install. I am new to Debian and I am trying to correct these
following issues.

says I need to install firmware for: *rtlwifi/rtl8192cfw.bin* and also
*rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw*

When I do install these pkgs via (synaptic manager) they install fine
but do not show any available wireless.. only allows Ethernet
connection.  I have followed the WIKI Debian install information to
the "T" and have found no solution.  If any information that could
help with this situation is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your
time and consideration in reviewing my issue.
/snip/

In the meantime, it's worth telling us what your hardware is, as
someone may already know the answer.

Yes, that could be important. For instance, on this Dell laptop, there is a button that must be
pushed to enable wi-fi. If you don't push it, no tickee, no shirtee! (It says "wifi" on it in microscopic letters.)

--doug