Re: pulseaudio module to mute other sources?

rlharris@oplink.net writes:

> On Wed, August 12, 2015 10:22 pm, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
>> On Wed, August 12, 2015 9:46 pm, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>>> Is there a pulseaudio module that will detect when an audio source
>>> isn't silent, and mute other sources in that cases?
>> In the realm of broadcasting and commercial sound, the function you are
>> describing is of the general category "ducking"...
>
> Here is a URL I turned up with a search for "audio ducking with pulseaudio":
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/118512/how-to-reduce-the-volume-of-a-background-music-stream-when-a-different-audio-sou
>
> The URL provides other sources on the subject.

If I understand the ducking module, it doesn't seem to do what I want.
As I understand that one, it'll mute other streams when you start a new
one.  That's valuable, but my use case involves the radio stream always
being present, just silent 90% of the time.