Re: pulseaudio module to mute other sources?

On Wed, August 12, 2015 10:22 pm, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
> On Wed, August 12, 2015 9:46 pm, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>> Is there a pulseaudio module that will detect when an audio source
>> isn't silent, and mute other sources in that cases?
> In the realm of broadcasting and commercial sound, the function you are
> describing is of the general category "ducking"...

Here is a URL I turned up with a search for "audio ducking with pulseaudio":

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/118512/how-to-reduce-the-volume-of-a-background-music-stream-when-a-different-audio-sou

The URL provides other sources on the subject.

RLH