Re: Editing Squeeze and Jessie distribution ISO's

On Tue 11 Aug 2015 at 11:23:44 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> I'm investigating creating customized installation DVD's &/or flash drives.

Any chance of knowing what *you* mean by "customised"? This is the most
crucial aspect relating to your investigation.

> I have two use cases:
>   * one *REQUIRES* Squeeze.
>   * one could use Squeeze, but Jessie would have advantages.
>   * neither has useful internet connectivity

That's three. But who's arguing. :) None of them reveal anything about
the customisations you want to instigate.

> My changes would be:
>   * custom preseed.cfg [goal for one user would be no installer questions]
>   * custom set of packages in pool directory.
>
> My questions:
>   1. the references I've found so far are years old.

Which references are these?

>      a. any recent pages?

Only answerable in the light of your response to the previous question.

>      b. does it make a difference [possible side effects of adopting
> systemd]?

systemd doesn't have side effects.

>   2. Is there a practical limit on the ISO file size? It could be convenient
> to have all packages from the 13 DVD set of Jessie on the flash drive.

No.