"two peoples separated by a common language" -was {Re: [OT] Television licensing. was: Re: pptp-based vpn}

Lisi Reisz wrote:
[snip]

Because it's not a tax.

In effect, it is an apothecated tax.  But we are reluctant to acknowledge
that.

I did a duckduckgo search for "apothecated". I got a bunch of colonial dictionaries. Their definitions seemed to make no sense in context.

What's the Crown's definition?
P.S. I've been been fascinated by linguistics for > .5 century due to Latin teacher reputed to have tutored Romulus et al and an English teacher reciting Beowulf in "original" with a running translation [*NOTE BENE* the quotation marks ;]

Paraphrasing 'somebody', "Inquiring minds want to know".