Re: pptp-based vpn

On Sunday 09 August 2015 02:48:57 David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Lisi Reisz (lisi.reisz@gmail.com):
> > I think I may have misunderstood.  Do you have no licence, because you
> > have no TV, or not pay a Licence because you are given one?
>
> Hint: look at my timezone (when you're awake).

D'oh!

> > As if I shan't have
> > enough to do if my husband predeceases me, I shall have to acquire a
> > paid-for TV Licence rapidly, if I am not to have their bulldogs after me.
> >  Or I suppose that I could just get rid of the TV!!  Fast.  And watch
> > iPlayer after the event.  Though not everything is available that way.
>
> TV Licensing is at http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/ and takes five
> minutes. However, the licence is per household so you're covered
> until the expiry date anyway. And you only need the name and address
> to check if you're covered and for how long. In theory, you can bin
> the actual licence (if they still produce them).

I shall have to check.  But I think that you are only entitled to a free
licence, however long the piece of paper says, while the free licence holder
is alive.  Although while (s)he is alive, it does as you say cover the entire
household.

It was bound to have gone on line.  But I haven't had to pay for one for 7
years so didn't know that.  But I'll still have enough to worry about without
flipping TV licences!

Lisi