Re: Differences between cdw/k3b on Jessie and Stretch (testing)?

On Friday 07 August 2015 15:31:53 Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i submitted
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=794868
>   "dvd+rw-tools: Burn failure of growisofs on DVD-R[W] with write type DAO"
I appreciate that very much!

> Eike, if have time then please apply the proposed changes
> to the source code of growisofs and try whether the error
> message is gone.
I applied the proposed patches and the burn with unaligned iso-images is OK
now. Thank you very much!
However I did no deb-package yet - just copied over the binary to /usr/bin.

> I'm not so sure about readbility of the media.
It is readable alright in my computer but my LG recorder does not read it.
I even burned with -speed=1 but no help. I guess that the media *is* dicey.

> > I really don't know what LG and Maxell pick not to like each other.
>
> "Maxell" can be a different manufacturer every other week.
> Mine ("16x" bought at food discounter Lidl a few years ago)
> are from Ritek
I will follow your advice and get myself another spindle of different make
coming Monday.

>   $ xorriso -outdev /dev/sr4 -toc
>   Media product: RITEKF1 , Ritek Corp
The Maxell I got do not even state "Media product:"
There is just nothing.

> Many years, Verbatim was reliably from "Mitsubishi Kagaku"
> or its subsidiaries. But meanwhile i saw Verbatims made by
> "Moser Baer India" (aka "MBI").
>
> It might be a problem of the drive or of the media.
> Buying new media first is usually the more economic approach.
OK, consider it done.>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

All the best to you