Re: Differences between cdw/k3b on Jessie and Stretch (testing)?

Hi,

Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> I applied the proposed patches and the burn with unaligned
> iso-images is OK now.

Be so kind and report this by mail to 794868@bugs.debian.org
so the fix gets credibility (if not 3 years of Fedora suffice).

> It is readable alright in my computer but my LG recorder does not read it.
> I even burned with -speed=1 but no help. I guess that the media *is* dicey.

By LG recorder, i suppose you mean a "consumer" video DVD recorder.
So we have three participants of which any quarrelsome pair
could spoil success.

Is the readability of non-DAO DVD-R any better ?
Are the DVD-R from old Debian in VM any better ?
(With poor physical quality one needs a lot of samples
 to get a clear statistical image.)

> >   $ xorriso -outdev /dev/sr4 -toc
> The Maxell I got do not even state "Media product:"

Oops. With unused writable DVD-R ?
Now i get curious. Why did libburn API call burn_disc_get_media_id()
not succeed ?

Be so kind and record the SCSI traffic of above run by means
of libburn (btrace does not tell the replies and errors):

  xorriso -scsi_log on -outdev /dev/sr0 -toc 2>&1 | tee -i /tmp/xorriso_log

Send /tmp/xorriso_log directly to me. I will post any interesting
findings to the list.

(Climate update: 11 pm, 50th parallel north, 30 Celsius.
 Still too hot to open the thermally insulated fortress.
 Oxygen gets short. Feeling drowsy ...)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas