Re: OT: *FREE* VPN! Why?

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015, Jape Person wrote:

I could jump through all the hoops I wanted to, but using my ISP-provided e-mail account (even with encrypted contents and directed through a VPN) for communications with people at risk would be laughable.

How much of that particular POV, expressed in the above-cited paragraph, did you adopt only AFTER the Lavabit experience?

Using encrypted contents on an e-mail server that doesn't keep the messages after delivery which is hosted by the VPN provider or by a third trusted party who doesn't log IP addresses begins to improve the safety of the communicators.

Again, I am struck by how much of this advice (and it's good advice, _if_ you can find such a server) seems to point directly back to Lavabit and its fate.

But I can tell ya this: if they want my lotion 'n tissues they'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands!

--
Bob Bernstein