Re: Prevent package from removal

Op Thu, 06 Aug 2015 00:22:02 +0200 schreef Charlie <ariestao@ipstarmail.com.au>:

On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 16:15:04 -0400 Cindy-Sue Causey sent:

My Plan B now is to go ahead and upgrade everything else then try
again to reinstall libreoffice and see what, if anything, happens.
Yeah, I know... *pipe dream*

Did that about two, maybe three weeks ago. apt-get dist-upgrade removed
84 packages. Took a note of them. After the upgrade completed
reinstalled all the packages.

I was a bit perplexed as to why it would remove them in the first
instance? But obviously there were some changes required.

But that's 2 or 3 weeks back, may not work this time?

Good luck,
Charlie

Thanks, now I know I am not the only one :-)

but... Is there a way to make a package un-instable? Or at least give a "Yes, do what I say" warning?

floris