Re: Hibernation in Jessie with Thinkpad T420

On Monday 03 August 2015 07:37:23 dave@661.org wrote:

> Can someone help me understand why hibernation won't work in Jessie on my

> Thinkpad T420? If I try, the machine reboots instead. Looking at

> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T420/jessie, I see a

> question mark by the line item for hibernation. I could use more

> information.

Hi dave,

I have also a T420 and hibernation works out of the box. It used to work with sysvinit + pm-hibernate (testing jessie) and it works now with systemd hibernate (stable jessie).

Just in case I have only integrated intel graphics. I also have the following power management settings in /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf

options i915 i915_enable_rc6=7 i915_enable_fbc=1 lvds_downclock=1 modeset=1

but this should not interfere with hibernation.

Do you have special configuration? Enough swap space?

Best regards,

Luis