Hibernation in Jessie with Thinkpad T420

Can someone help me understand why hibernation won't work in Jessie on my Thinkpad T420? If I try, the machine reboots instead. Looking at https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T420/jessie, I see a question mark by the line item for hibernation. I could use more information.

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org