Differences between cdw/k3b on Jessie and Stretch (testing)?

Hi:

I'd like to file a bug report but can't figure out against which package it
ought to be.

SInce I upgraded a Jessie installation to testing I have a problem with
burning DVD iso-images.
The burn finishes without error but the verify stops with error: cannot read
track 0.
It does *not matter if I use cdw or k3b*. It has nothing to do with the
plasma5 transition. That upgrade I postponed.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what changed between Jessie and testing
in this respect.

Jessie:			testing:
libc6	2.19-18		2.19-19
Downgrading does not solve error
libcdio13	0.83-4.2	same
libiso9660-8		same
Libburn4 1.3.2-1.1	same
Libtinfo5 5.9+20140913-1+b1	5.9+20150516-2
Downgrading does not solve error

I tried the 3.16 kernel again on testing but the error is the same.

This is on amd64
Burning CD iso-images works flawlessly.

I installed a virtual machine [virtualbox] on the same hardware with plain
Jessie and burning DVD iso-images works flawlessly.
So I think that it is not a hardware problem.

I installed another testing system in anothe virtual machine on the same
hardware to see if I botched my original installation.
It has the same problem.

Anybody else have the same problem?

Is a driver module involved?

I cannot figure out against which package to file a bug report.
It is a hareware problem - it eludes me swiftly ...

Thank you for your time
Cheers
Eike