Re: Slow Xorg performance on dual Opteron + Radeon, Jessie 64-bit

On Wed, 2015-08-05 at 00:46 +1200, Chris Edwards wrote:
> Perhaps interestingly, `glxinfo -i` reports:
>
> name of display: :0.0
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
> for
> operation)
>    Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
>    Minor opcode of failed request:  24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
>    Value in failed request:  0x0
>    Serial number of failed request:  56
>    Current serial number in output stream:  59

I get the same error on my system, so probably not related.

It might be worth a try to disable dual-head. You might also ask for
help on one of the Xorg lists:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-ati/
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/

Have this configuration worked well in previous Debian versions? I
think there's been a lot of work done when it comes to the radeon
driver in xorg, but I'm not sure if that includes r300 cards.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson