jessie crashes (icedove? graphics card driver?) + crappy fonts

Hi

After upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie, the machine started to crash
randomly (several times a day).

Once I even had some kind of error log on the screen, but didn't manage
to take a photo of it, and after the (automatic) reboot there was no
trace of it in syslog.

2 of the crashes today occured when switching to the workspace with
icedove. Icedove was unsuccessfully trying to redraw itself for about 5
seconds, and then SYSTEM CRASH!

What is going on here?

I suspect graphics card driver but I have no clue. Oh except that the
upgrade also caused fonts on the web (for example, Wikipedia article
headers) look crappy.

This is what I have:

# lspci -nn | grep -i vga
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation G86M
[Quadro NVS 140M] [10de:0429] (rev a1)

$ dpkg-query --list | grep -i nvid
$ dpkg-query --list | grep -i nouv
rc  libdrm-nouveau1a:amd64                2.4.40-1~deb7u2
       amd64        Userspace interface to nouveau-specific kernel DRM
services -- runtime
ii  libdrm-nouveau2:amd64                 2.4.58-2
       amd64        Userspace interface to nouveau-specific kernel DRM
services -- runtime
ii  xserver-xorg-video-nouveau            1:1.0.11-1
       amd64        X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver

Any ideas?
Thanks!

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/